Friday, September 11, 2015

From Fearful to Fearless!

From Fearful to Fearless
Embrace Your Transformation and
Emerge as Brilliantly as a Butterfly!


Just like a caterpillar, there was a period in my life that I moved through my day wandering aimlessly across the earth in anticipation of my ultimate purpose and direction.  During that time, I occasionally stuck my head up to check out the possibilities in my path, and then quickly put my nose close to the ground and continued to follow the path that was most familiar.

Then IT happened.  One day four years ago, I paused just long enough, and kept my head up just long enough to notice how sweet and wonderful the air was.  And the longer I kept my head up, the more I could see the endless possibilities that were meant just for me. The ones I was currently missing out on.    

What did I realize?  In order to truly enjoy and embrace any of the opportunities that were waiting for me, I needed to stop crawling aimlessly and instead change my focus and seek out a new perspective.  And in order to gain a new perspective, I needed to change my position.  At that very moment, I decided I was ready to look for a purposefully designed path that would help me transform my attitude and beliefs.

I began my transformation – not much different than the beautiful metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a chrysalis and eventually a butterfly.  During my chrysalis stage I looked for mentors, my unique purpose, and identifying the values that were most important to me. I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried new things.  I visualized and dreamed about what my new-inspired life would look like and how it would feel.  I prayed about my new perspective.  I waited.   

As my clarity began to intertwine with my dream, I noticed I was becoming excited, yet anxious to share my gifts with others.  I couldn’t wait to burst through my fears and all the beliefs that were holding me back.  But I still questioned whether I was ready.  What if I failed?  Did I really want to leave my protective chrysalis?  It was so warm, cozy, and safe.  So I waited.  I was fearful of leaving my familiar environment - yet I was fearful of staying.  Finally the fear of breaking through my protective barrier became less than the fear of staying the same.  For days, I visualized every part of my arrival.  And finally I was ready.

It was time.  Time to emerge from my chrysalis.  At first I was nervous.  I pushed through anyway and stuck my toe out into life.  Surprisingly, I survived that small movement.  So I pushed my entire foot out into the world and surprisingly I again survived.   My fears turned to anticipation and my anticipation to excitement. I couldn’t wait to enter my unique and special world of possibilities.  I embraced my purpose and the desire to reach all of the people waiting to receive my gifts.  And with one last push, I BURST through my fears, let go of my comfortableness, spread my newfound wings, appreciated my beauty and proceeded to FLY brilliantly like a Butterfly in the direction of my dreams.

I can’t wait to hear how you moved through your fears, identified your purpose and how you found your unique wings and took flight.



No comments:

Post a Comment