Thursday, December 8, 2016

Do Your Goals Have Specificity?



Do Your Goals have Specificity? 

December is the season for reflection, remembrance and rejuvenation...For gratitude, giving, grace and goals.

Recently at a So Now Networking event we were asked, "What is the one thing you would do or goal you would set for 2017, if you knew you couldn't fail?"

Many shared their exciting goals: Improved networking, increased membership, start a business, consistent exercise, financial stability, more focus, better vision, fulfill spiritual needs, abundant success, life happiness......and the list went on.

What I noticed though was that my goal, like everyone else, lacked one very important ingredient: SPECIFICITY.

In other words, specifically how increased membership, more focus, life happiness or abundant success could be achieved.  The specific plan for.....
>What we were willing to do and when.
>What our doable steps were.
>And how to break those steps down into what needed to be done today, tomorrow, next week, next month.  

So I went back to the drawing board and faced my big goal head on.  First, I identified what the most important 6 parts of my goal were. Second, I identified 5 overall steps what I thought each of the 6 parts would require.  Third and finally, I set a deadline to each of those 6 steps. 

Do your goals have specificity? Apply these 3 steps to your goals and your 2017 will be wildly successful.

1 Peter 4:10
"God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another."

Many Christmas Blessings, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment